Child Abduction Alert Program (CAAP)
|Contact Person:||Local/Regional AMBER Plan; 614-361-1622|
|Administrating Agency:||Ohio Amber Alert Steering Committee|
|Participating Agencies and Organizations:
||Attorney General’s Office – Missing Children Clearinghouse Ohio Emergency Management Agency Ohio Department of Transportation Ohio State Highway Patrol State Emergency Communications Committee Federal Bureau of Investigation Buckeye State Sheriff’s Association Ohio Association of Broadcasters Ohio Association of Chiefs of Police Local/Regional AMBER Plan Representative, Victim’s Advocate and local law enforcement|
|Steps for Activation:||If your local law enforcement agency recommends an AMBER Alert they will follow the local, state, or regional implementation plan. The AMBER Alert telephone system will activate, and tips called to 1-877-AMBER OH will route to the local law enforcement agency. An alert will be issued over the Emergency Alert System. Ohio television, cable television and radio stations will notify the public using the system. The ohioamberplan.org website home page will have information about the alert and there will be updates as circumstances warrant.|
|Scope of Amber Alert:||Statewide|
|Criteria for Activation:||
1. An abducted child must be under 18 years of age.
2. The abduction poses a credible threat of immediate danger of serious bodily harm or death to the child.
3. A law enforcement agency determines that the child is not a runaway and has not been abducted as a result of a child custody dispute, unless the dispute poses a credible threat of immediate danger of serious bodily arm or death to the child.
4. There is sufficient descriptive information about the child, the abductor, and the circumstances surrounding the abduction to indicate that activation of the alert will help locate the child.
5. The Amber plan is only activated by law enforcement.
6. It is only used for serious child abduction cases.It should not be used for runaways or custody disputes unless the circumstance is life threatening to the child.
|Utilizes Emergency Alert System:||Yes|
|Reporting Phone Number:||1-800-AMBER OH|
|Success Story:||There have been two activations of the Child Abduction Alert Plan. Both were safe resolutions and both were unrelated to an abduction situation.|
Cocoon for KlaasKids
Polly’s Guardian Angel for iPhone & Android
Klaas Family Housing
Signature child ID Program
Utilizing high tech equipment
Always free to the public
We do not database your child’s personal/private information
Learn more about this important law. Click here.
If you found this information helpful, consider giving a donation to the foundation so we can continue this important work. Click here to donate.